Areas of involvement
The areas of engagement of AJVDC are multi-factorial and link directly or indirectly with UNESCO's 17 Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) objectives.
These are achieved via the following broad objectives:
- Employment, subsistence and improved livelihood
- Access to essential social services
- Reducing the vulnerabilities of communities to the impacts of climate change
- Good government and the sustainable management of natural resources and extractive industries.
Specifically, AJVDC works in the following areas to achieve our goals.
Advocating for the participation of young people in the process of stabilizing the country through rehabilitation, socio-economic revival and environmental protection.
- Promoting youth innovations ideas to create and manage their own enterprises and to encourage entrepreneurial spirit among the youth.
- Running the Entrepreneurship Academy, short courses of 15 days each, to encourage ideas, and help with technical and managerial skills. This academy is hosted three times per year.
- Encouraging innovative ideas in different fields such as agribusiness, artisanal activities, and small scale mining.
- Connecting young entrepreneurs, gathering those with common goals in cooperatives, in their fields and area of business.
- Improving their products and services marketing.
- Promoting cross-border trade in the great lakes region (Congo, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, Burundi).
- Forming Youth Business groups.
- Promoting fair trade, increasing the chance for youth access to international market.
- Structuring the local, national and regional market for youth business.
- Allowing exchange of experiences between young entrepreneurs.
- Promoting public private markets.
- Promoting access to seed funds, crowd funding and bank credit for youth entrepreneurs.
- Providing access to finances and financial development institutions .
- Encouraging volunteer mentors to accompany the startups, for coaching.
- Organizing and attend economic forums.
- Encouraging youth volunteering for humanitarian and environmental actions, for sustainable development and peace building in Eastern of Congo and around the region.
- Forming volunteer groups such as the Sanitation Brigade, the Green Brigade and the Anti-rape Brigade.